Apply to the Postbaccalaureate Program - Application Deadline February 15, 2023
The Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences (SPHSC) conducts a yearly admissions process to the Postbaccalaureate (Postbac) program, with entrance in Summer quarter only. Admissions is moderately competitive and students should carefully read our eligibility and applications instructions. The University of Washington and SPHSC Department's admission's policy supports the objective of attracting students who demonstrate the strongest prospects for high quality academic work. This selective admission process shall assure that the University's educational opportunities shall be open to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status. The process of admission shall be mindful of the need for diversity in the student body and for qualified individuals from all segments of the population.
Application Process - Application Opens December 15, 2022
To apply, please submit the following application items as WORD or PDF attachments, as part of this Google Application Form. Required materials include:
- Departmental application
- Recent Resume
- Proof of completed, scheduled or in progress registration for the 5 basic science prerequisites by this Spring 2023.
- The basic science prerequisitie courses must be completed before starting the program in June 2023.
- This includes one course in each of the following areas: Human based biology, physics or chemistry, statistics, social science and introduction to linguistics.
- The first four prerequisites are available at any community college. For linguistics coursework, please email our advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your are in need of a list of local offerings.
- Personal statement
- Resume or document summarizing your work and/or volunteer experiences
- Unofficial Transcripts (Do not send official transcripts)*
- Three letters of recommendation – please list three names/emails within application and a link will be sent to recommenders to fill out and submit once application is submitted.
- For SPHSC (our application), we do not want emails, or hard or electronic copies sent via email or to the department.
- We want students to upload a pdf of their unofficial transcripts and include it within their application submission.
- If the applicant does not have current access to their college transcripts, then the applicant will want to contact each school/college and have an official transcript mailed (emailed /or postal mail) to themselves. Then download that copy and safe as a pdf to upload or open the hard copy and scan and save that copy as a pdf to upload within the SPHSC Postbac online application.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. This includes applications in which students have either not completed nor scheduled the prerequisite coursework to be completed prior to June 2023.