Do you experience communication challenges due to hearing loss? If so, please join us for a unique opportunity called Communicate to Connect!
We invite people who experience hearing loss (and their communication partners) to take part in a free program with 3rd year audiology graduate students. You might use hearing aids, cochlear implants, assistive listening devices, or no technology at all! The idea is for the students to LISTEN to your story and provide information related to hearing loss, communication strategies, self- advocacy, and technology if applicable.
- Whether you use amplification or not, you are welcome to join us!
- Meet weekly with 3rd-year clinical audiology doctoral students to discuss your hearing loss/communication challenges
- We welcome you to bring along a communication partner (someone you frequently communicate with) who will also learn more about hearing loss, why it impacts communication, and how they can help
- Meet on 7 consecutive Thursday mornings, starting April 16th, 2020
- Receive undivided support from a 3rd-year audiology graduate student
- Conclude your time feeling like you can better manage life with hearing loss
For more information about this unique opportunity contact Lisa Illich at email@example.com or Jake Hulswit at firstname.lastname@example.org