Before students can begin graduate studies at the University of Washington, they must send official sealed transcripts reflecting their final undergraduate coursework, grades and degree granted. These documents must be sent to two places:

  1. The SPHSC Department
  2. The UW Graduate School (Graduate Enrollment Management Services / GEMS)

Please follow these instructions closely:

Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences

New students are required to submit official transcripts to the Department from all schools listed on their graduate application. The department will use these transcripts to verify each student’s undergraduate coursework and ensure that all prerequisites to graduate study were completed.

If you completed your undergraduate or post-baccalaureate degree in the UW Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences, however, you may send us an unofficial copy of your final transcript for UW.

You may mail these transcripts to the department prior to arriving on campus or you may turn them into us the first week of the quarter, but no later than September 29, 2017.

UW Graduate School

The UW Graduate School is required to verify that all accepted students have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution. New students are therefore required to submit an official transcript(s) to the UW Graduate School for the school(s) designated on their Application Status Page.

All transcripts sent to the UW Graduate School must be official and sealed. Once your degree has been verified, this will be posted on your Application Status Page by the Graduate School once complete. UW Graduate School must receive your transcripts prior to the start of Autumn quarter (by September 27, 2017).

Visit the Graduate School website for specific details on where to send your official transcripts.