There are on-campus and off-campus housing resources available through the University. Places to check include:

Many students find their own apartments or share apartments around the University District in neighborhoods such as Wallingford, Ravenna, Green Lake, Eastlake (see map below).

seattle neighborhood map

The UW Student Guide gives tips to students moving to the area.


Housing & Child Care Verification Letters

Please be aware that if you will be applying for UW student services such as housing or child care before you register for classes, the Department will need to provide a letter attesting that you will be a full-time, enrolled student starting in Autumn Quarter. If you need a verification of enrollment letter from this Department for the UW housing or child care offices prior to the start of registration, please contact student services.