Degrees are not automatically awarded when requirements have been satisfied.  It is each student's responsibility to apply for a degree, or “apply to graduate.” The process listed below is completed typically in October of each year.

Meet with Your Undergraduate Adviser

Students should meet with the SPHSC Undergraduate Advisor two to three quarters before the expected date of graduation (typically October). Please note that the absolute deadline for filing an application to graduate is Friday of the third week of the quarter in which the student intends to graduate.

Review your UW Degree Audit to Ensure Eligibility

The Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) produces a report reflecting academic progress toward completion of an undergraduate degree in your declared or proposed major. The DARS report, or degree audit, shows how your University of Washington courses, transfer courses, and courses in progress apply toward degree requirements. The Degree Audit Report is an internal document. It should be used as a tool to assist you and your adviser in planning your future coursework. It is not an official certification of your academic record.

File an Application for the Baccalaureate Degree

To graduate, the adviser and student will file a written application for his or her degree. The signature of the department head or an authorized adviser must appear on the application in the space provided for "Signature of major adviser." The student is also required to sign the application. This application will then be submitted on behalf of the student to the Graduation and Academic Records Office, 264 Schmitz. It is the student's responsibility to apply for a degree or certificate, because degrees are not automatically awarded when requirements have been satisfied. Application forms and diploma cards are available through Gabrielle Gruber in the SPHSC department.

Departmental advisers will notify the Graduation and Academic Records Office of any changes made to the courses and credits listed on the application. If an applicant is ineligible to graduate because of a deficiency, the Graduation and Academic Records Office will notify the student.

Complete the SPHSC Exit Survey

All graduating students (majors and postbaccalaureates) are required to complete an exit survey prior to graduation. This survey will become available to your at the start of the quarter in which you graduate. Thank you in advance for your feedback which is critical to ensuring the quality of our degree programs.

(links will be provided in June)

Take Care of Final Logistics

Update your contact information and mailing address in MyUW
Clean out your locker in Eagleson Hall