The Student Perspective
SLP Student Representatives make up the MSA and serve as student leaders and voices for their respective cohorts. They engage in community building with the department, help plan & organize social/informational events, and work with faculty and staff to advocate for student needs. SLP Student Representatives will give a student voice to department-wide initiatives regarding policy, curriculum, the student experience, and other matters that may arise. Our student representatives are consistently strong advocates for their peers and active participants in discussions. The cohort highly values the insight provided by our student leaders.
What do Student Representatives Do?
Examples of projects that past student representatives have been involved in:
- Act as liasons between peers and department administration
- Attend open sessions of department faculty meetings
- Organization and running of the student-led lunch and panel at new student orientation as well as the student mentor program for incoming first year MS SLP students.
- Provide faculty and staff student feedback regarding the academic and clinical components of the programs.
- Advocate for and help create a Graduate Student Lounge
- Represent the SLP students on the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS)
- Student-led panel discussions to share clinical experiences
Current Master's Student Association (2020 - 2021)
|Luke Widfelt||CoreSLP 19-21 Cohort Representative|
|Lindsey Altum||MedSLP 19-21 Cohort Representative|
|Camryn Perez||CoreSLP 20-22 Cohort Representative|
|Maya Barton||MedSLP 20-22 Cohort Representative|
|Claire Nesbitt||GPSS Senator|
|Savannah Bailey||GPSS Liason|
|Dalia Benitez||GPSS Liason|
|Chrissie Chang||Student Services Liason|
|Julie Dalessio||Faculty Liason|