The Student Perspective
SLP Student Representatives make up the MSA and serve as student leaders and voices for their respective cohorts. They engage in community building with the department, help plan & organize social/informational events, and work with faculty and staff to advocate for student needs. SLP Student Representatives will give a student voice to department-wide initiatives regarding policy, curriculum, the student experience, and other matters that may arise. Our student representatives are consistently strong advocates for their peers and active participants in discussions. The cohort highly values the insight provided by our student leaders.
What do Student Representatives Do?
Examples of projects that past student representatives have been involved in:
- Organization and running of the student-led lunch and panel at new student orientation as well as the student mentor program for incoming first year MS SLP students.
- Provide faculty and staff student feedback regarding the academic and clinical components of the programs.
- Advocate for and help create a Graduate Student Lounge
- Represent the SLP students on the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS)
- Remodel of the Eagleson lunch room
- Student-led panel discussions to share clinical experiences
Current Master's Student Association (2019 - 2020)
|Justin Brodt||CoreSLP 18-20 Cohort Representative|
|Megan McCarthy||MedSLP 18-20 Cohort Representative|
|Luke Widtfeldt||CoreSLP 19-21 Cohort Representative|
|Lindsey Altum||MedSLP 19-21 Cohort Representative|
|Hannah Beach||GPSS Senator|
|Claire Nesbitt||GPSS Liason|
|Chrissie Chang||Student Services Liason|
|Julie Dalessio||Faculty Liason|