The tuition rates and fees for the Core Speech-Language Pathology Master of Science degree are established by the Office of the Vice Provost for Planning and Budget at the University of Washington. Core Speech-Language Pathology master’s students are charged the Graduate Tier 1 rates and fees for the Seattle campus.
Please note that students enrolled in the Core Speech-Language Pathology program are eligible for all graduate student services, including financial aid, campus healthcare, housing, and insurance. Students with questions regarding tuition, fees, financial aid, or billing should contact Student Fiscal Services directly.
1) Non-Refundable Program Deposit
Once accepted, all new students must submit a $250 deposit to the UW Registrar to secure a space in the program. Initial acceptance notifications are emailed in March. The mandatory $250 deposit is applied toward the first quarter tuition total, but is due immediately at the time of acceptance. Entering students may not wait until financial aid is distributed to submit the deposit.
Tuition costs are dependent upon residency status. In accordance with the laws of Washington State, "in-state students" are charged a different credit hour rate than "out-of-state" students. For more information about Washington state residency, please visit the UW Residency Office website. Please note that tuition does not include the cost of textbooks or materials and is subject to change.
CoreSLP applicants from select western states are eligible to apply for resident/in-state tuition rates through the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). WRGP is a tuition reciprocity program offered jointly by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) and the UW. Please review our WICHE/WRGP Waiver web page and the WRGP website for eligibility information and application procedures.
3) University Fees
UW graduate students are responsible for the following University fees which are charged directly to the student’s account (accessible through MyUW):
- Building fee - A fee paid to offset security, maintenance and utilities (included in the tuition rate).
- Student Technology fee - This fee supports the improvement of technology used by students at the University of Washington campuses. The Student Technology Fee Committee determines the expenditure of this fee. Students at the UW lead the committee which allocates money for technology resources for general student use. The fee is paid quarterly, except during Summer.
- Services & Activities (S&A) fee - This fee is a student levied and distributed fee to support and enhance student activities and programs at the UW, including the Associated Students of UW (ASUW), the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS), Campus Sustainability Fund, Childcare Assistance Program, Classroom Support Services, Counseling Center, Ethnic Cultural Center & Theater Complex, Hall Health Primary Care Center, Q Center, Recreational Sports Programs, Husky Union Building, Student Legal Services, and Student Publications. The fee is paid quarterly.
- Facilities Renovation fee – This fee supports the UW Seattle campus renovations for the Husky Union Building (HUB), Ethnic Cultural Center, and the Hall Health Primary Care Center. The fee is paid quarterly.
- IMA Bond fee –This fee supports the expansion of the Intramural Activities (IMA) building and improvements to recreational sports programs facilities including construction of a multi-activity sports field and renovation of the golf driving range. The fee is paid quarterly.
- U-Pass / Transportation fee – This fee is mandatory for all registered and enrolled UW Seattle campus students. Refunds on this fee are no longer available. The fee is paid quarterly.
4) Departmental Fees
All Master’s of Science graduate students are responsible for the following mandatory fees:
- Immunization Program fees – All clinical graduate students at the UW are required to participate in the Health Sciences Immunization Program (HSIP) provided through UW Campus Health Services. An annual fee is charged to each student’s account to cover the costs associated with reviewing, documenting and tracking student compliance with immunization and tuberculosis screening requirements, the costs of mandatory annual PPD skin tests and flu shots, as well as costs associated with any blood-borne pathogen exposures that may occur at clinical sites while enrolled in the graduate program. An annual fee is charged each Autumn quarter.
- Background check fees –All graduate students in the department are required to complete and successfully pass a national background check as a condition of admission. The fee is paid directly to the vendor, Verified Credentials, prior to starting the program. In addition, students in the CoreSLP program are required to complete a repeat background check during their second year in the program prior to starting their full-time community internship.
- Clinical course fees - course fees are used to cover costs associated with special materials, supplies, software, media, equipment/technology, and associated maintenance, etc. Any financial aid a student receives applies to course fees. To learn more about UW Course fees, visit the Office of Planning and Budgeting website.
CoreSLP Program Tuition & Fee Summary
Academic Year 2018 - 2019
Please note that tuition and program fees are subject to change. Students in the CoreSLP program pay the Seattle Campus, Graduate Tier 1 tuition rate. You may find current tuition rates at the Office of Budgeting & Planning Website.
In addition to University tuition and fees, students in the Core Speech-Language Pathology program will be responsible for the following charges:
|Department Fees||Year One||Year Two|
|HSIP Immunization fee*
(Charged to student account )
$107 ($35 account activation + quarterly administration fee)
|Background check fee
(Paid directly to vendor)
|National Check $59
At time of acceptance
|National Check $59
At beginning of year two
|Typhon Clinical Tracking System (Paid directly to vendor)||
$90 at orientation
*Pending final confirmation from HSIP