Visiting Graduate Student status allows students who are actively pursuing a graduate degree at another college or university to take graduate courses at the UW and transfer a limited number of credits back to their home institution.
The length of student enrollment is determined by the number of quarters approved by the home institution and the UW graduate program that admits the visiting graduate applicant. Students may hold visiting graduate status in only one graduate program at a time and may not hold any other student status while enrolled as a visiting graduate student.
Interested parties are required apply to the UW for admission as a Visiting Graduate Student and admissions is granted on a case-by-case basis. More information is located on the Visiting Graduate Students section of the UW Graduate School website.
In the Department of Speech & Hearing Sciences:
- Visiting Graduate Student status is available for our 4 graduate programs (Ph.D., Au.D., M.S.-SLP, M.S.-MedSLP)
- Visiting students only have access to certain courses in the Speech and Hearing Department and they are unable to register for any graduate level clinical courses/practica.
- Visiting Graduate Students must apply for admission by the same deadline as all other graduate students for a given academic year. Late applications will not be considered. Applications are due as follows:
- Master of Science Programs: January 15th
- Doctor of Audiology Program: January 15th
- Doctor of Philosophy Program: February 15th
- Application procedures:
- Complete the online UW Graduate School Application
- Submit a signed Certificate of Status Form
- If accepted by the Department and Graduate School, Visiting Students register for approved classes online through MyUW.
- Questions should be directed to our Graduate Program Advisors at email@example.com or 206-685-7402.