We encourage students to investigate sources of financial aid and submit financial aid applications as early as possible. Visit the University of Washington Office of Financial Aid web site for general information about financing your education, or contact the office directly at osfa@u.washington.edu or 206-543-6101.

How to apply for Federal Loans & Work Study

To apply for a Federal Stafford Direct Loan, fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on line at www.fafsa.ed.gov or on paper and submit it to the address included on the application. You will need the University of Washington’s federal financial aid code for the FAFSA: 003798.

Where to get financial aid applications

The paper edition of the FAFSA can be obtained from the University of Washington’s Office of Student Financial Aid:

Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Washington
Box 355880, Seattle, WA 98195-5880
Phone: (206) 543-6101
Email: osfa@u.washington.edu
Web: www.washington.edu/students/osfa