The Student Perspective
SLP Student Representatives make up the MSA and serve as student leaders and voices for their respective cohorts. They engage in community building with the department, help plan & organize social/informational events, and work with faculty and staff to advocate for student needs. SLP Student Representatives will give a student voice to department-wide initiatives regarding policy, curriculum, the student experience, and other matters that may arise. Our student representatives are consistently strong advocates for their peers and active participants in discussions. The cohort highly values the insight provided by our student leaders.
What do Student Representatives Do?
Examples of projects that past student representatives have been involved in:
- Organization and running of the student-led lunch and panel at new student orientation as well as the student mentor program for incoming first year MS SLP students.
- Attend SLP Interest Group meetings with faculty and provide feedback on student-related topics
- Represent the SLP students on the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS)
- Remodel of the Eagleson lounge/lunch room
- Creation of a “neighborhood list” for incoming student reference
Current Master's Student Association (2016 - 2017)
|Abby Duke Pollard-Eagleson||MedSLP 15-17 Cohort Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Haley Carlborg||CoreSLP 15-17 Cohort Representativeemail@example.com|
|Makenna Codlin||MedSLP 16-18 Cohort Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alexa Wilkenson||CoreSLP 16-18 Cohort Representativeemail@example.com|
|Audrey Motta-Wurst||GPSS Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chrissie Chang||Student Services Liasonemail@example.com|
|Julie Leonardo||Faculty Liasonfirstname.lastname@example.org|