Partial list, 40+ total.
*denotes student contributor from Motor Speech & Cognitive Disorders lab
- Spencer, K.A. and Dawson, M. (in press). Dysarthria profiles in adults with hereditary ataxia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Madden, E.B., Conway, T., Henry, M., Spencer, K.A., Yorkston, K., and Kendall, D. (in press). The relationship between non-orthographic language abilities and reading performance in chronic aphasia: An exploration of the primary systems hypothesis. Journal of Speech-Language-Hearing Research.
- Minkina, I., Martin, N., Spencer, K.A. & Kendall, D.L. (2018). Links between short-term memory and word retrieval in aphasia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 27, 379-391.
- Spencer, K.A., and Brown, K.* (2018). Dysarthria following stroke. Seminars in Speech and Language, 39(1), 15-24.
- Weir-Mayta, P.C.*, Spencer, K.A., Eadie, T., Yorkston, K., Savaglio, S.,* Woollcott, C.* (2017). Internally versus Externally Cued Speech in Parkinson’s disease and cerebellar disease. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 26, 583-595.
- Bislick, L., McNeil, M., Spencer, K.A., Yorkston, K., Kendall, D.L. (2017). The nature of error consistency in apraxia of speech and aphasia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 26(2), 611-630.
- Torrence, J.M., Baylor, C.R., Yorkston, K.M., & Spencer, K.A. (2016). Addressing communicative participation in treatment planning for adults: A survey of U.S. speech-language pathologists. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 25, 355-370.
- Spencer, K.A. and France, A.* (2016). Perceptual ratings of subgroups of ataxic dysarthria. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 51(4), 430-444.
- Off, C.A., Griffin, J.R., Spencer, K.A., & Rogers, M.A. (2015). The impact of dose on naming accuracy during a repetition protocol with persons with aphasia. Aphasiology. doi: 10.1080/02687038.2015.1100705
- Hunting-Pompom, R., McNeil, M., Spencer, K.A., and Kendall, D. (2015). Intentional and reactive inhibition within during spoken-word Stroop task performance in people with aphasia. Journal of Speech-Language-Hearing Research, 1-14.
- Horwitz, E.S.* and Spencer, K.A. (2014). Daily executive function challenges in individuals with Parkinson’s disease. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 21(3), 279-300.
- Reilly, K.J. and Spencer, K.A. (2013). Sequence complexity effects on speech production in healthy speakers and speakers with hypokinetic or ataxic dysarthria. PLoS ONE, 8(10): e77450. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0077450
- Reilly, K.J. and Spencer, K.A. (2013). Speech serial control in healthy speakers and speakers with hypokinetic and ataxic dysarthria: Effects of sequence length and practice. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 7: 655. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2013.00665
- Sanchez, J.* and Spencer, K.A. (2013). Preliminary evidence of discourse improvement with dopaminergic medication. Advances in Parkinson’s Disease, 2(2), 37-42.