Partial list from 50+.
*denotes student contributor from Motor Speech & Cognitive Disorders lab
- Spencer, K.A., Amaral, J.*, & Lansford, K. (in press). Investigating perceptual subgroups in speakers with ataxic dysarthria: An auditory free-classification approach. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Spencer, K.A., Brown, K.A.*, and Elder, G.* (2022). Does the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale adequately estimate severity of dysarthria? Journal of Neurology and Neuroscience, 13(4), 1-5.
- Brown, K.A.*, Summers, D.K.L.*, & Spencer, K.A. (2022). Cognitive decline in Parkinson's disease: Theories and implications for rehabilitation. International Journal of Neurodegenerative Disorders, 5(1), 1-14.
- Eadie, T., Durr, H., Sauder, C., Nagle, K., Kapsner-Smith, M., & Spencer, K.A. (2021). Effect of noise on speech intelligibility and perceived listener effort in head and neck cancer. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 18(30), 1329-1342.
- Brown, K.A.* & Spencer, K.A. (2020). The relationship between speech characteristics and motor subtypes of Parkinson's disease. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 29, 2145-2154.
- Spencer, K.A., Friedlander, C.*, & Brown, K.* (2020). Predictors of health-related quality of life and communicative participation in individuals with dysarthria from Parkinson’s disease. International Journal of Neurodegenerative Disorders. https://doi.org/10.23937/2643-4539/1710014.
- Spencer, K.A., Paul, J.*, Brown, K.*, Ellerbrock, T.*, & Sohlberg, M. (2019). Cognitive rehabilitation for individuals with Parkinson’s disease: Developing and piloting an external aids treatment program. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019
- Spencer, K.A. & Dawson, M.* (2019). Dysarthria profiles in adults with hereditary ataxia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 28, 915-924.
- Weir-Mayta, P.C.*, Spencer, K.A., Bierer, S., Daliri, A., Ondish, P., France, A.*, Hutchison, E.*, and Sears, C.* (2019). Investigation of feedback schedules on speech motor learning in older adults. International Journal of Aging Research, 2(33): DOI: 10.28933/ijoar-2019-03-2006.
- Madden, E.B., Conway, T., Henry, M., Spencer, K.A., Yorkston, K., and Kendall, D. (2018). The relationship between non-orthographic language abilities and reading performance in chronic aphasia: An exploration of the primary systems hypothesis. Journal of Speech-Language-Hearing Research, 61(12), 3038-3054.
- Spencer, K.A., and Brown, K.* (2018). Dysarthria following stroke. Seminars in Speech and Language, 39(1), 15-24.**
- Minkina, I., Martin, N., Spencer, K.A. & Kendall, D.L. (2018). Links between short-term memory and word retrieval in aphasia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 27, 379-391.
- Weir-Mayta, P.C.*, Spencer, K.A., Eadie, T., Yorkston, K., Savaglio, S.*, Woollcott, C.* (2017). Internally versus Externally Cued Speech in Parkinson’s disease and cerebellar disease. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 26, 583-595.
- Bislick, L., McNeil, M., Spencer, K.A., Yorkston, K., Kendall, D.L. (2017). The nature of error consistency in apraxia of speech and aphasia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 26(2s), 611-630.