The Voice Evaluation and Treatment Clinic in the UW Speech & Hearing Clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment that allows us to conduct a complete and thorough voice evaluation. The voice evaluation includes:
- History of the voice problem or concern, current voice use and demands, and other issues that may affect vocal production
- Questionnaires completed by the client regarding perception of vocal handicap, quality of life related to voice, perception of symptoms
- Basic hearing screening
- Perceptual assessment of vocal quality
- Acoustic measures as captured by the Pentax Medical MultiSpeech system
- Aerodynamic measures as captured by the Pentax Medical Phonatory Aerodynamic System
- Laryngeal Videostroboscopy using the Pentax Medical HD Laryngeal Stroboscopy system with rigid endoscope
The evaluation takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete. If the client brings a USB thumb drive to the evaluation, we will provide a copy of the laryngeal videostroboscopy video. Depending on the results of the voice evaluation, we may recommend voice therapy as the next appropriate step. Go the the Voice Therapy page for more information.
If you would like to schedule an evaluation, please download and complete both forms below and return them to the UW Speech and Hearing Clinic by fax to 206-616-1185, by mail to 4131 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA, 98105, or by email to Marty Nevdahl at email@example.com.
Speech & Hearing Clinic Application Form - This is the general application form for the Speech & Hearing Clinic.
Voice Intake and Questionnaires - This set of forms and questionnaires will provide us with more specific information about your voice concerns. If you are not a singer/performer you do not need to complete the Singing Voice Handicap Index form. You do not need to add up and fill in the "Total Score" section of the questionnaires.